You can grow your consulting career with hands on experiences by joining BerryDunn’s nationwide team that helps our clients analyze, develop, and implement policy! BerryDunn is seeking a consultant to serve as a policy analyst for our client. This is a long term engagement and upon completion the position will move into other consulting projects.
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes a broad spectrum of policy, IT, and financial impacts to the Medicaid enterprise
- Synthesizes complex guidance and information and summarizes relevant details for a diverse stakeholder audience
- Responds promptly to ad-hoc client requests
- Participation in staff/team meetings and trainings
- Presenting findings to clients and identify opportunities for improvement
- Frequent, clear, and consistent communication to the client and team members
- Performs assigned tasks efficiently and effectively, asking questions when instructions are unclear
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (Master’s Degree preferred)
- One year minimum experience in Medicaid a government office or consultancy required (may substitute advanced degree for experience)
- 3 years’ experience with the Medicaid program preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated adaptability and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, particularly in an uncertain environment
- Ability to stay ahead of deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Knowledge of state and federal public policy processes
For this position, preference is given to Charleston, West Virginia candidates.
BerryDunn is a national Consulting and Accounting firm with brick and mortar offices in Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, West Virginia and Arizona. We also offer the option for remote work.
Candidates must be willing to travel 50 percent of the time.